Made by my head
Music, Ireland. Grey, name. My name. A step ladder. This house was built in a bog. Music is the window. I fell off a step ladder.





Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

Music. The Would Be's.


I saw a drummer with a walking stick. I pointed at him and said, "Look, a drummer with a walking stick." He hit me with a shovel and said, "It's not a walking stick." But it was.


I've spent most of the past week looking at a snow dome with a bee in it. The bee looks very happy every time I shake the snow dome. I took a brief break from it on Valentine's Day. I got a wheelbarrow full of leaves and a few Valentine's cards for my girlfriend. I emptied the contents in front of her and she said, "Aww." A man with a 'press' card in his hat said, "Did you steal my coat?" This interview's over.


Band: The Would Be's.

Song: My Radio Sounds Different in the Dark.


This is one of the greatest Irish singles by one of the greatest bands with one of the shortest lifespans. They released a few classic singles in 1990 and 1991, and then split up. They re-appeared about five years ago with two more excellent singles, and disappeared again. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for a great Would Be's album. You can download the band's Peel Session in this post at The Perfumed Garden.


The press man drew a picture of me stealing his coat and it appeared in the paper. This gave the drummer another excuse to hit me with the walking stick. "It's a shovel." I'd look at the bee in the snow dome to forget about this, but the bee has gone to school with a bag on his back. He looked very happy. I think there's something wrong with the bee.




He shoots, he scores, he glues himself to a lilac tree. Let's kick him.

A walk in the rain - Poetry. Ireland. Reading the news with no trousers.
Very Slight Stories - Very short stories.
Henry Seaward-Shannon - Slightly longer short-stories.






More blogs about music.

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   January 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?