Made by my head
Music, Ireland. Grey, name. My name. A step ladder. This house was built in a bog. Music is the window. I fell off a step ladder.





Saturday, December 31, 2005

 

Music. Simple Kid.


"Cheetahs." That's what I said when they asked why I was wearing a monocle. I thought it was as good an explanation as any, but it turned out that it wasn't as good as 'I drank that thing in the bucket', which was the correct explanation.


I looked down at my shoes. Then I looked at the record going around and around. Then I looked at my shoes again. Then I looked at Moses. He smiled and waved. Then I looked at the record again. "Cheetahs?" I said. Moses clicked his tongue and shook his head. Yeah, I should have gone for the other one again.


Man: Simple Kid.


Ciaran McFeely used to be in The Young Offenders. Now he's on his own as Simple Kid. He makes most other singer songwriters sound as if they've met a mouse with a bandage on his paw, and they said, "Oh no, the poor mouse has hurt his paw. I'm going to write a song about that." And the mouse looked at another mouse and shrugged his shoulders.


Website:

http://www.simplekid.com/




He shoots, he scores, he glues himself to a lilac tree. Let's kick him.

A walk in the rain - Poetry. Ireland. Reading the news with no trousers.
Very Slight Stories - Very short stories.
Henry Seaward-Shannon - Slightly longer short-stories.






More blogs about music.

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   January 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?